THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (KC-135), Position Description Number D1366000 and is part of the HI 154 AMXS, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The primary purpose of this position is to inspect, repair, modify, and service aircraft systems, components, and assemblies, both on- and off-aircraft.
- Performs inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on aircraft to include periodic, phase, hourly, preflight, postflight, calendar, thru-flight, and special inspections such as fuel contamination, emergency equipment, and oil sampling.
- Troubleshoots and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft, utilizing various gauges, meters, measuring devices and other related test equipment.
- May be required to perform user and organizational level maintenance on assigned support equipment, including inspection, repair, modification, and corrosion prevention.
- Provides data for aircraft maintenance historical records, complete maintenance data collection, man-hour accounting, and other forms as required.
- Instructs, directs, and assigns maintenance repair tasks to drill status guard members.
- Complies with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as MEI, ORI, IG and UE inspections, mobility and command support exercises.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504431900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.