About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
Federal employees in Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a 10.99% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary.
- Provide instructions to patients on proper use of medications, referring questions requiring professional knowledge and experience to the registered pharmacist.
- Attend the dispensing window for pickup.
- Enters Prescriptions into outpatient computer system reviewing profile for allergies, drug/drug or drug/food interactions, and duplicate orders.
- Coordinate with prescriber or pharmacist to clarify issues or problems with dosing, interactions, or instructions.
- Determines type of substance, strength, dosage, and quantity to be dispensed in accordance with accepted practice and pharmacy standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Receive, review and fill physician prescriptions for the full range of pharmaceuticals to include controlled drugs on the formulary.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504410200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.