About the Position: This position is with the U.S. Army Garrison-Hawaii, Directorate of Public Works located at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.Learn more about this agency
Hawaii is a beautiful state, but has a high cost of living. Hawaii has many outdoor activities all year round including surfing, paddling, diving, fishing, and hiking. It is highly recommended that research be done about the cost of living in Hawaii prior to applying.
A cost of living allowance (COLA) of 10.99% is currently authorized; subject to change.
- Perform professional and scientific work in support of the Installation Entomology Program; functions as technical specialist for program direction of in-house and/or contracted pest abatement.
- Interpret, implement, and comply with Federal, State, and local laws, Army regulations, and Executive Orders pertaining to pest management as related to environmental compliance, natural resources protection/preservation.
- Serve as a technical expert on pest management as related to natural and cultural resource management, environmental compliance, and environmental planning.
- Exercise seasoned scientific and professional judgment in administering assigned aspects of the installation entomology programs.
- Identify and resolve potential and real problems caused by insects, rodents, weeds, wood destroying organisms, vegetation management, vertebrate pest population management and any other insect or animal pest.
Occasional travel - This position has Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of up to 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504401500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.