You will serve as a High Voltage Electrician in the Public Works Division of NAVFAC SOUTHWEST.Learn more about this agency
- You will intall transformers, capacitors, insulators, lightening arresotr, switch circuit breakers, fuses, meters, protective devices, and other equipment for main distribution lines from 2.4kV to 69kV.
- You will maintain, replace, test and reset circuit breakers in switch and substations, at shore installations including pier mounted unit substations and vaults.
- You will troubleshoot distribuiton circuits and generating and controlling equipment to locate and correct the causes of outages and improper operation
- You will check the condition of transformers, switches, and cable i.e., operating temperatures of transformers, voltage at secondary terminals and makes repairs to defective, loose, or corroded connections.
- You will work on overhead platforms to string overhead wires and sets proper wire tension and on underground lines, run wires or cable through tunnels on conduits or lays protected cable in trenches.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel for 1-2 days per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504357000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.