It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 150TH application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 07/20/2018; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the United States Department of the Treasury, Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA), within the Office of Information Technology (OIT). The OIT is a function within TIGTA that provides cost-effective, timely Information Technology (IT) products and services that permit successful completion of TIGTA’s strategic goals while meeting legislative mandates. OIT has responsibility for data and system administration of the network, technology standards, security assurances, telecommunication deployment, and integrated application development.
The incumbent serves as an Information Technology Specialist in the Service Desk with the primary responsibility to provide high-level, day-to-day support of TIGTA’s Information Technology (IT) infrastructure. The purpose of a TIGTA Service Desk Specialist is to be a central point of contact for all IT requirements. The TIGTA Service Desk will provide support through a variety of methods such as walk-in, website, phone, email, and instant messaging.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12 . If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Uses the automated trouble ticket systems to record actions taken to resolve and provide technical assistance to end users.
- Participates in the planning and delivery of a full range of IT support services to the organization.
- Represents the Service Desk in planning for the installation and implementation of new systems (e.g., upgrade to a new operating system).
- Identifies and troubleshoots problems and issues associated with TIGTA hardware and software.
- Stays abreast of current and future developments relevant to automated systems.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens and U.S. Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504340800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.