This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), ARS, Plains Area (Fort Collins, CO ), located in Kerrville, TX.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent administers the location’s financial management activities.
Major Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures financial plans tie in to official agency records. Provides input into the development of the Annual Resource Management Plans for the Location.
- Receives and reviews obligating documents such as purchase orders, travel vouchers, requisitions, and contract documents and reviews them for accounting code information, making appropriate corrections where required.
- Maintains a financial plan file both manually and in automated systems.
- Establishes cost estimates for recurring charges (e.g., cost of utilities, rentals, and travel) and makes adjustments as spending occurs.
- Prepares detailed monthly financial status reports, by major object class code, for each Management Unit account serviced for current and prior years, reflecting fund availability, obligations, and commitments to date and balance remaining.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel will be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504259800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.