**This vacancy has been amended to indicate the position will report to the Office of the Chief, National Processing Center (NPC), U.S. Census Bureau.
**This job opportunity is for a Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment and Placement) position which will report to the Office of the Chief, National Processing Center (NPC), U.S. Census Bureau. This position is responsible for planning and coordinating all recruiting activities at NPC, including the filling of general schedule, wage grade, competitive, excepted, temporary and permanent positions. This position is not included in the bargaining unit.
Tour of Duty: Monday through Friday, range from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No Alternate Work Schedule (AWS) available. Flexi-Time is available (straight 8 hr days only).
Applications under this job opportunity announcement will be considered under external competitive procedures only. This vacancy is also being advertised under merit promotion procedures as NPC-2018-0277, Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment and Placement), GG-0201-11, HRB-DC-MAP-Internal, which can be accessed at http://jobsearch.USAJOBS.gov/.
Note to current NPC employees: If you are a current NPC employee and are selected from this announcement, this selection will change your type of appointment to a Term Appointment. At the end of this Term Appointment, your employment with NPC will end. You will be required to re-compete for any permanent positions. In some cases, you may be eligible for reinstatement. Applying for Reinstatement may allow former federal employees to reenter the Federal competitive service workforce without competing with the general public.
A one year trial period may be required.
Candidate must clear the fingerprint process and initiate the required background investigation prior to final selection.Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses may not be authorized.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Develop and oversee all recruiting activities to ensure sufficient qualified applicants are recruited and hired at the NPC.
- Review and analyze current staffing reports to identify division needs and excesses.
- Coordinate efforts with state, local and community agencies, media outlets, business leaders, religious groups and other appropriate sources to recruit the required personnel.
- Develop and maintain a wide variety of outside contacts among civic associations, businesses, religious groups, and other community-based organizations.
- Develop, coordinate and monitor the distribution of recruitment literature for potential employees.
- Ensure all needs are included in recruitment literature and other recruitment efforts.
- Analyze the status of recruiting activities by monitoring the applicant file and progress reports to ensure the recruiting goals are met or exceeded.
Occasional travel - This position will have to travel locally for recruitment and related activities, as well as to Census Headquarters and other sites to co-ordinate recruiting efforts.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All qualified United States citizens.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504226300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.