This position is located in the Office of Medical Services (OMS), Office of Health Services. The incumbent coordinates and supervises the delivery of complex patient care. The Peace Corps field support unit is responsible for providing direct consultative support to Peace Corps Medical Officers (PCMOs) and for organizing, managing and evaluating health care services to medically evacuated Volunteers.Learn more about this agency
This establishes an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT which will be utilized to maintain eligible/qualified applicants to be considered for current Nurse Practitioner (International Health Coordinator) vacancies with the Peace Corps in the Office of Health Services. The "What Happens Next" area of the announcement provides additional information on the referral process for this type of announcement.
The Nurse Practitioner performs the following major duties:
- Field Support Case Management: Performs a wide range of functions in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individual health care plans for medically evacuated Volunteers. Provides care based on current medical assessments and standard operating procedures. Determines case disposition of a medically evacuated Volunteer.
- Serves as an Information Source: Acts as primary liaison with critical persons and groups both inside and outside the agency; exercising full commitment authority
- Performs Quality Improvement Activities: Develops, plans for, and conducts on-site monitoring visits at posts to assess the quality and effectiveness of health services. Participates in and contributes to OMS's quality improvement initiatives, and responds to requests from country and region regarding quality issues.
- Provides Training Services: Assists in the orientation of new medical and nursing personnel to support overseas medical and non-medical country staff. Designs and conducts periodic training regarding polocies, procedures, and guidelines.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- United States Citizens.
- Current or former Federal employees.
- Internal agency employees; including agency temporary employees, eligible agency Experts, and eligible agency personal services contractors.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503957800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.