The North Atlantic District Director serves as the chief executive for an assigned geographical area consisting of around 17 VBA Regional Offices. The incumbent is responsible for the effective management of the Veterans Benefits Administration program of benefits and services. Exercises full responsibility as the first line manager and supervisor for the proper and efficient operation of the North Atlantic District Office.Learn more about this agency
The North Atlantic District Director is responsible to the Deputy Under Secretary of Field Operations (DUSFO) on all matters of operations, resource distribution and management for field stations under his/her jurisdiction. The position requires the effective and economical direction, control, and operation of benefits and services provided by law to veterans, their dependents and beneficiaries. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads regional offices which provides benefits & services for veterans, dependents, and beneficiaries;
- Establishes policies and procedures consistent with corporate VA guidelines;
- Provides executive leadership and direction to subordinate organizational units;
- Manages available financial & human capital resources (includes presenting of regional budget);
- Directs continuing programs for quality control in regional ops and implements corresponding actions;
- Captures changing needs of varying customers via outreach in veteran communities, conventions, etc.
50% or less - Extensive travel, travel may be required 25-50%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503942600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.