This position Supply Technician is located in Acquisition and Materials Management Service (A&MMS) within the VA Maryland Health Care System (VAMHCS) Night Shift.Learn more about this agency
As a Supply Technician, you will provide wards, clinics, operating rooms, secondary storage locations, and other hospital facilities with supplies and material including, but not limited to, sterile and non-sterile medical supplies, instrument sets and equipment. Major duties and responsibilities include. Pulls stock inventory and material for delivery; replenishes stock inventory; interacts with clinical and administrative customers and maintains records on stock levels;
- Communicates to the Lead or Supervisor any concerns related to supplies, equipment and procedures.
- Provides information to customers regarding medical supplies;
- Monitors expiration dates, rotates stock to limit outdates and removes items from use as required by outdates;
- Monitors and controls critical supplies;
- Performs daily inventory using bar coding equipment on a predetermined schedule that will allow for timely replenishment;
- Resolves differences between records and physical count of stock;
- Distributes items according to established or ad hoc requirements in computerized inventory management systems;
- Delivers supplies in a timely manner and ensures supplies and material delivered are in sterile and operational condition;
- Completes specialty cart preparation;
- Cleans assigned secondary areas in accordance with aseptic principles; and
- Receives supplies and material into the medical center's catchment area.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: 17135-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503937900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.