The incumbent serves as the Deputy Director, Clinical Services, National Surgery Office (NSO), Department of Veterans Affairs., S/he assists the National Director or Surgery, the National Director, Clinical Services, and the Director of Operations in all issues related to the planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring surgical programs, policies and initiatives related to surgical services in the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).Learn more about this agency
The primary duties of the position include:
- Facilitating and supporting the quality assurance activities of the National Surgery Office including the VA Surgical Quality Improvement Program (VASQIP) and established national reporting: NSO Quarterly Report (Measures of: Outcomes, Quality, Safety, Access, Productivity, Satisfaction, OR Efficiency, Policy Compliance), NSO Transplant Program Quarterly Report, and NSO Annual Surgery Report.Supports the direct oversight of VA Organ Transplant Program.
- Supporting the oversight and management of the 17 National Surgical Advisory Boards.
- Facilitating the researching, drafting and publishing of Directives/Policy related to the National Surgery Office.
- Facilitating and supporting operational oversight of the delivery of surgical services through communication with VISN Chief Surgical Consultants, VISN Lead Surgical Nurses, Facility Surgical Quality Nurses, VISN Surgical Workgroups, and Facility Surgical Workgroups.
- Preparing reports related to NSO oversight activities.
- Using comprehensive knowledge or surgical practice and research principles, identifies clinical data quality issues.
- Serving as the clinical extension of the National Director, Clinical Services at meetings, presentations, and on workgroups and task forces.
- Participating in the evaluation of proposed and existing VHA surgical services.
- Serving as a primary surgical subject matter expert in the daily operational activities of the NSO (VA/VHA briefings and presentations, congressional inquiries and briefings, OIG, GAO, OMI responses, field based questions and concerns).
- Assisting with the formulation, adaptation and monitoring of strategic plans relative to the NSO.
- Maintaining current membership and actively participates in professional organizations to further professional growth and knowledge.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
PCS Expenses: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Designated Drug-Testing Position: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503906000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.