This position is located in the Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Administrative and Financial Management (AFM), Acquisition Program with 1 vacancy in each of the following locations: Beltsville, MD; Albany, CA; and Stoneville, MS.Learn more about this agency
The primary function is to provide acquisition support to the customers of the Agricultural Research Service as well as to provide support to other Research, Education, and Economics agency customers when needed.
The incumbent is responsible for providing contracting support as a Contracting Officer for various types of procurement actions including but not limited to service and supplies contracts, commercial acquisitions, negotiated procurements, Federal Supply Schedule buys, simplified acquisitions, construction contracts, and architect and engineering (A-E) contracts.
Stoneville, MS (Rest of the United States pay table):
$73,375 - $113,428
Beltsville, MD (Washington-Baltimore-Arlington, DC-MD-VA-WV-PA pay table):
$81,548 - $126,062
Albany, CA (San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA pay table):
$88,582 - $136,936
Major Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as advisor to program officials in contract planning meetings and works with program offices and technical contacts to produce specifications, performance work statements or statements of work.
- Develops contract objectives for the program in terms of competition and price range, and constructs the contractual vehicle including use of pricing arrangements, subcontracting policy, bet-aside policies, and similar considerations.
- Coordinates with ARS program offices nationwide to initiate projects, develops requirement objectives, conducts risk assessment and benefit analysis, and conducts acquisition planning.
- Analyzes the current industrial climate, geographic area, and economic conditions to maximize competition and understand best practices, and industry product/services specific terms and conditions.
- Performs contract administration to determine contract compliance by the contractor, receipt of quality supplies/services.
- Prepares Requests for Proposals, Requests for Quotes, and invitation for Bids.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel required to attend trainings or conferences
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current permanent Federal employees with competitive status, Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP and VEOA eligibles; Farm Service Agency permanent county employees; reinstatement eligibles; Individuals with Disabilities; certain military spouses; 30% or more disabled veterans; and those eligible for other Special Hiring Authorities within the local commuting area.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503874100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.