This position is located in the Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Administrative and Financial Management (AFM), Acquisition and Property Division with 2 vacancies in Beltsvile, MD.Learn more about this agency
The primary function of the Division is to provide acquisition, fleet management, and personal property support to the customers of the Research, Education and Economics mission area.
The incumbent is responsible for supervising and leading a staff in support of the contracting functions and for serving as a Contracting Officer responsible for handling complex, multi-year, service and supplies contracts, construction contracts, and architect and engineering (A-E) contracts.
Major Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in overall program management coordination, including long-range planning in connection with broad-based acquisitions, decisions on organization improvements and restructuring, delegations of contracting officer authority for team members, and decisions substantially affecting economy, legality, and efficiency of contract management.
- Responsible for strategic business planning, achieving/exceeding the requirements of the President's agenda, budgeting, scheduling, and overall acquisition planning for multi-million dollar, multi-year requirements as well as simplified acquisitions
- Serves as a Contracting Officer for various types of contracting actions including but not limited to service and supplies contracts, commercial acquisitions, negotiated contracts, Federal Supply Schedule buys, simplified acquisitions, construction contracts, architect and engineering (A-E) contract.
- Provides technical leadership to specialists and technicians, identifying and resolving workload issues and assuring that a balance of assigned activities.
- Researches and analyzes a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to identify, assess and improve team effectiveness, efficiency and work products
Occasional travel - Occasional travel required to attend trainings or conferences
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current permanent Federal employees with competitive status, Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP and VEOA eligibles; Farm Service Agency permanent county employees; reinstatement eligibles; Individuals with Disabilities; certain military spouses; 30% or more disabled veterans; and those eligible for other Special Hiring Authorities within the local commuting area.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503873300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.