This position is located within the Veterans Administration (VA), Albany Stratton VA Medical Center (VAMC), Albany, NY. The Statistician reports directly to the Associate Chief of Staff for Research and may receive guidance from the Chief's designee (Administrative Officer for Research and Development).Learn more about this agency
NOTE: This is a TERM appointment (not-to-exceed 1 year). Term appointments are non-status, nonpermanent appointments of limited duration (more than 1 year but not more than 4). Term employees are eligible to earn leave and generally have the same benefits as permanent employees including health and life insurance, within-grade increases and Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan coverage. Term appointments may be extended without further competition (up to the 4 year maximum). The appointment to a Term position does not confer eligibility for promotion or reassignment to other positions or the ability to be non-competitively converted to permanent employment.
- Evaluates available biostatistical procedures to determine which will perform the desired statistical analysis, computations or output format.
- Design, develop and adapt statistical methods for the analysis of research data, collect, organize, manage, analyze and interpret highly specialized health care databases.
- Completes biostatistical analysis using statistical techniques at a comprehensive professional level measure and minimize magnitude of error in research data.
- Analyzes existing data systems and work in conjunction with IT staff to improve these systems.
- Institute protocols for quality control in the collection and maintenance of data collected in the conduct of VAMC protocols and quality assessments.
- Participate in the development of written operations and procedures for the collection, editing, verification and management of statistical data.
- Analyze factual information, recognize and evaluate significant and critical factors in investigations, and solve complex research problems and advise others on the solution and presentation of such problems.
Compressed/Flexible: NOT AVAILABLE
Telework: NOT AVAILABLE
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: /06644O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: NOT AUTHORIZED
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503779600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.