SummaryA WG-4 Cook requires a working knowledge of the methods and procedures relating to food preparation and skill to apply such information to cook a variety of foods. S/he requires the ability to apply skill and knowledge in planning and organizing his/her work to complete assignments and meet meal service deadlines.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThe incumbent performs a full range of duties but are not limited to:
- Performs simple cooking by preparing and cooking items that require little or no processing, such as, pancakes, sausage, eggs,hamburgers, and fresh, canned, or frozen vegetables.
- Prepares pureed diet foods and convenience items such as frozen hash browns, fish fillets, chicken nuggets, prepares and bakes pizza.
- Prepares hot cereals.
- Prepares and cooks concentrated or dehydrated soups, sauces,and gravies.
- Make cold and hot sandwich fillings.
- Prepares pureed diet foods and convenience items.
- Prepare, cook, serve and deliver patient meals.
- Peels, chops, grinds, pares, cuts, slices, dices, purees, dredges, flours, and breads food.
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment which utilizes gas, electricity, steam, or microwave heat sources.
- Mix ingredients according to precisely written recipes that produce quality products, minimize preparation time, and avoid food material waste.
- Follows established sanitation procedures when handling food.
- Performs various cleaning tasks as scheduled.
- Weighs, measures, and assembles ingredients for regular and modified menu items.
- Functions with co-workers as a team member, assisting them with their assignments when time allows.
- Receives limited supervision from the immediate higher grade worker (e.g. nonsupervisory food service leader) or immediate supervisor.
- Follows established procedures with inventory control practices.
- Maintains proper temperatures of foods according to established procedures and sterilizes/sanitizes and cleans work areas.
- Read and interpret regular and modified (therapeutic) diet orders on tray tickets and adjust food preferences.
- Cleans equipment and areas after use practicing a "clean as you go" concept.
Work Schedule: Full time, 80 hours bi-weekly, multiple schedules including rotating shifts with weekend and holiday work and rotating days off.
Position Description Title/PD#: Cook/20033-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503605800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.