This position is being filled under an Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA).Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
As a PHYSICAL SCIENTIST at the GS-1301-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, integrating, implementing, and evaluating research and development programs.
- Lead and participate in cross disciplinary teams that synthesize future science and technology programs to pursue.
- Manages specific programs and projects for cost, schedule and performance, and assures compliance with applicable contracts, and recommends work scope changes where appropriate.
- Reviews Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs), and Interagency Orders (IOs) for consistency with technical and programmatic objects; reviews and coordinates Economy Act compliance.
- Monitors cost and schedule, determines root cause of delays and assists in the resolution of issues that delay project progress.
- Recommends budget and project scope adjustments to project in order to meet transition deliverables and comply with OSD expenditure targets; or cancellation of the project when aims are not achievable.
- Prepares summaries or briefings of project/program progress and accomplishments for quarterly Program Management Reviews (PMRs), Transition Quarterly Reviews (TQRs), and other division or higher reviews.
- Participates in acquisition program reviews, IPTs, and decision reviews as required to support technology transitions related to the incumbent's programs, projects or managed technology area.
- Develops and presents programmatic information to support informed decision-making by the Division Chief, and Director, Chemical and Biological Technology Department.
- Analyzes functional and technical deficiencies in chemical and biological defense to determine applicable scientific issues and makes recommendations on future program direction.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503316500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.