The incumbent is assigned to Imaging Service and performs a wide variety of diagnostic radiography exams under the direction of a physician. Operates all radiographic equipment including general diagnostic, portable, fluoroscopic, and PACS related equipment as part of the diagnostic plan for patients. Supports Radiologists and/or other medical officers, to produce high quality images for the purpose of diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of medical conditions.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but not limited to:
- Receives written requests or instructions for procedures.
- Interprets the requests or instructions from Radiologist or medical officer.
- Secures the confidence and cooperation of patients during procedures.
- Independently explains procedures, positions the patient for optimal results, and cushions and shields patients as appropriate.
- Performs quality control procedures as required, and maintains an adequate level of supplies and safety equipment.
- Operates Direct Radiography (DR) equipment and Computerized Radiography (CR) equipment as well as conventional Radiology equipment, portable, fluoroscopic and O.R. equipment.
- Determines technical factors (i.e., calculates the correct exposure factors of time, distance, kilovoltage, and milliamperage) based on the body part and the individual patient factors.
- Registers patients for examinations and updates status as necessary.
- Reviews new developments in the field and makes recommendations to the Lead Tech and Supervisor of the unit to adopt those which would improve the operations of the Diagnostic Radiology section.
- Independently performs all routine and specialized radiographic examinations of head, spine,trunk,
- G.I. track, urological system and extremities for diagnosis of illness or injuries.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503235200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.