This position is located in the Platform Support, Infrastructure Operations(IO), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS) Office of Information and Technology ( OI&T).Learn more about this agency
The incumbent severs as a information Technology(IT) Analyst with a full range of duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas required to support: Storage Management.
The duties include, but not limited to:
This is a virtual position that must be placed in a VA facility. Site to be determined after selection is made
The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
- Supports and implements the approved storage architecture; provides support, implements, and manages storage systems by using and installing VA approved storage systems applications, tools and processes.
- Supports, manages, and implements Site Data Migration into the Regional Storage Architecture as designed and developed.
- Supports, manages, and implements the enterprise-wide backup process, conduct and ensures backup maintenance and troubleshooting as needed, and manages systems and subsystems using VA and regional established methods and approved processes.
- Support, implement, and recommend improvement to enterprise-wide policies and procedures.
- Utilizes experience, discretion, judgment and knowledge in the planning, execution, operation and maintenance of IT systems and infrastructure Participates as a team or project leader with others in a virtual environment accountable to the division chief.
- Creates and maintains documentation on IT systems and infrastructure to include configuration standards, as-built diagrams and historical and trending information
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/10078A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized or Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving(up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
Promotion Potential: GS - 12
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 5 %
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503225900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.