THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the TX USPFO, and is located in Austin, Camp Mabry, Texas. The purpose of this position is to transport supplies and equipment using a variety of wheeled vehicles to haul cargo and fuel, transport passengers or to tow or recover equipment.
As a MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Operates primarily straight-in-line trucks and/or truck tractors with semi-trailers which typically have an approximate gross vehicle weight (GVW) of more than 32,000 pounds.
- Ensures shipping and accounting documents are with the shipment and reflect actual condition, quantities and type of material, including manual turn in and issue documents.
- Prepares and submits requests for over-dimensional permits to Defense Movement Coordinator (DMC) for military movement involving military vehicles and through the Commercial Transportation Branch for non-military vehicles.
- Performs warehouse work, as required, to include issuing, receiving and inventorying equipment, supplies and materials; loading and unloading of trucks; storing and pulling warehouse stock; packing and unpacking material; and repairing or replacing items on equipment. Operates electric, gasoline or diesel-powered forklift trucks.
- Performs a variety of servicing and operator preventive maintenance work on assigned vehicles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503202500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.