This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program, located in District of Columbia, District of Columbia.Learn more about this agency
Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.
This announcement will be open for 10 business days OR until the first 75 applications have been received, whichever happens first.
- Providing guidance and oversight for the day-to-day operations of assigned grants and contracts administered by FYSB and policy guidance to grantees.
- Participating and representing FYSB and the APP program at meetings and working groups within the federal government focused on adolescent pregnancy prevention.
- Working with grantees to provide support for data collection and reporting requirements.
- Drafting and providing comments on funding opportunity announcements or contract statements of work that define performance requirements and objectives.
- Providing support to the process of awarding and monitoring new grants with a focus on pregnancy prevention and youth development/youth oriented programs.
- Providing technical assistance to grantees, professionals, youth servicing organizations, and general public who may need to improve their programmatic or organizational practices.
- Providing grantees with technical assistance to implement and evaluate programs that replicate or substantially incorporate the elements of evidence-based programs proven prepare youth for adulthood.
- Delay sexual intercourse or sexual activity, increase condom or contraceptive use (without increased sexual activity), prevent teen pregnancy, and teach youth skills to avoid non-marital sexual activity and risky behavior.
- Identifying communication needs and developing informational materials that inform appropriate publics of the agency's policies, programs, services and/or activities.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503153700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.