Incumbent serves as Section Chief for the Acute Psychiatric Unit, Consultation/Liaison, Psychiatric Emergency Room services and other associated program staff assuming professional, technical and administrative responsibilities for programs extended to these areas.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent supervises a group of multidisciplinary employees performing work at various GS levels and provides professional, administrative, technical and clinical supervision necessary for services extended to the areas he/she is responsible for.
Incumbent reports to the Chief of Mental Health Service. In this capacity, the supervisor participates in formulating policy as it relates to graduate education, in-service training, program development, research and policy affecting day-to-day operations of the service. As supervisor, the incumbent insures the timely performance of professional services in assigned program areas.
The supervisor has a major responsibility for implementing the mission of mental health services at the VA Loma Linda Healthcare System developed as part of an interdisciplinary collaborative effort including psychiatry, nursing, psychology, and medical or surgical program chiefs.
The section chief has broad management responsibilities which include the following duties:
- Operation and management of key clinical, training, and administrative programs.
- Development and implementation of programs, policies and procedures.
- Oversight of administrative and programmatic resources.
- Monitoring outcomes using data-driven quality assurance process.
- Has supervisory responsibility for subordinates, as well as line and staff authority for resource allocations within the area of responsibility and ensures the efficient operation of the organizational unit.
- Oversight of quality assurance, licensures and designations as well as scheduling and staffing of psychiatric services to ensure quality of care, adequate daily coverage, and timely responses.
- Share case load management of Acute Psychiatric Unit providing clinical psychiatric care to Veterans.
- Provide supervision and education of psychiatry residents and medical students as related to clinical care of patients.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday, (May be required to work evenings or weekends as a 24/7 Full-Time Physician)Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment/Relocation incentive maybe authorized.
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503074400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.