**Recruitment and/or Relocation Incentive may be approved for a highly qualified applicant. **Learn more about this agency
The Marion VA Medical Center and the Evansville Health Care Center is seeking a full-time Ophthalmologist to join our Surgical Service, Board Eligible or Board Certified in Ophthalmology is preferred, . The Ophthalmologist will perform primary clinical and surgical duties in the Marion VA Medical Center and the Evansville Health Care Center, Evansville, IN.
The Incumbent will be expected to manage and treat a wide variety of general ophthalmic conditions to include anterior segment diseases, eyelid disorders, glaucoma, diabetic retinal disorders, macular degeneration, and some ophthalmic neurological disorders. Duties will include providing a full spectrum of eye care including but not limited to:
- Assessing and examining patients to diagnosis and develop treatment plans.
- Managing ophthalmic conditions, taking into consideration both medical and psychological aspects of patient care.
- Performing surgical procedures related to injuries and diseases of the eye and visual system.
- Perform a variety of laser surgeries with YAG SLT, and Argon lasers.
- Collaborating with other physician specialists and medical staff in overall treatment of patient medical conditions.
- Managing medical disorders affecting vision, such as inflammatory, vascular, neurological and genetic disorders, thyroid eye disease, diabetes and strokes.
- Communicating with patients and family members educating then to understand their medical condition.
- Supporting health promotion and disease prevention activities.
- Completing clinical charting and documentation appropriately and in a timely manner.
The Ophthalmologist will establish professional working relationships with other clinical service providers within the center and outlying Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs), providing telephone and e-consult consultations as needed and screening consults that are received for appropriateness prior to scheduling.
He/she will report to the Chief, Surgery Service or her designee. Specialists and other physicians are available for consultation. The Ophthalmologist shall be expected to cooperate with and participate in medical duties or functions related to quality of care, peer review, improvement and with other performance improvement activities at the direction of the Chief, Surgery Service and the Chief of Staff.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502821100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.