This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Office of Technology Transfer, located in Beltsville, MD.Learn more about this agency
This position is Partnership Liaison for the ARS Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) to facilitate the review and execution of collaborative agreements including, but not limited to, Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs) & Material Transfer Research Agreements (MTRAs), and Data Transfer Research Agreements (DTRAs). This position provides coordination of complex databases, and provides comprehensive reports to the Office of National Programs, OTT, ARS field locations and other government agencies.
The incumbent serves as the OTT point-of-contact with the Technology Transfer Coordinators at ARS. This position is an intricate part of a complex information and support network within the
ARS Office of Technology Transfer, with additional responsibilities across USDA intramural R&D agencies. Information and consultation are provided to the OTT Licensing, and Patenting sections, the Office of International Research Programs, the Extramural Agreements Division, the USDA Office of Science Ethics, the Office of
National Programs, and the U.S. Trade Representative to coordinate intellectual assets across collaborative research partnerships.
The incumbent reports/works closely with the OTT Assistant Administrator, Deputy Assistant Administrator, Head - Licensing Section, Head - Patent Section, and their staffs to support the facilitation of the OTT mission.
Major Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, maintains, and supports database programs.
- Negotiates Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADA), Material Transfer Research Agreements (MTRA), Data Transfer Research Agreements (DTRA), Non-disclosure agreements (NDA) and Collaborative Research Agreements (CRA).
- Oversees and coordinates the approval process to ensure research agreements are negotiated in a consistent and timely manner.
- Ensures proper disposition of funds and closes out agreements.
- Serves as a liaison to facilitate the review and execution of collaborative agreements.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502754600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.