The Registered Nurse (RN) in this role is located in the Community Living Center (CLC) of the Cheyenne VA Medical Center. This person performs the following roles: Charge Nurse, Medication Administrator and provider of clinical treatment for veterans on the unit.Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent follows provider orders and is competent to start and maintain Intravenous therapy.
- As Charge Nurse, maintains the daily flow of the unit, creates and issues daily reports, verifies orders, communicates with providers, families and visitors.
- The RN is expected to assign and supervise the work of licensed practical nurses and certified nurse aides to ensure the flow of the unit meets the clinical requirements and is performed safely to meet quality standards.
- The CLC RN is responsible for ensuring artifacts of cultural change, promote residents rights and a home like environment.
- The RN has assigned collateral responsibilities which may include infection control, wound monitoring and reporting, staffing methodology, Inter-Disciplinary Treatment Team (IDTT) meetings, restorative, reassessment tracking, and or safe patient handling.
Work Schedule: Varies
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502602500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.