This announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the date the first (50) applicants are received or on June 25, 2018, whichever comes first.
This vacancy is for a Training Specialist position in the Field Division located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Training Specialist, GG-1712-13 positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Read the 'Who May Apply' section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see FLD-2018-0081, Training Specialist, GG-1712-13, Census-DOC-TFW.
This is a Term Appointment, initial appointment is not to exceed (NTE) 2 years. This appointment may be extended 2 additional years at management’s discretion.
A trial period may be required.
This position is eligible for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
This is a non-bargaining unit position.Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses will be paid.
- Evaluates the effectiveness and measures the impact of the professional development programs against the mission and goals of the organization, and makes adjustments where necessary.
- Develops competency-based training and professional development program to address learning/education needs of the directorate.
- Directs and coordinates the work of outside private contractors to establish competencies, assess professional development needs, and program development and evaluation.
- Creates partnerships with training contacts in the Regional Offices (ROs), telephone centers, and Data Preparation Division to identify training solutions to performance issues and determine if unique training activities are warranted.
- Performs supervisory functions to include interviews and selection of employees, assigns and reviews work, leave approval, rating performance, and recommendations for promotions and wards.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502435800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.