If you are ready to begin your new career or are looking for a place to make an impact, what better place than the top ranked agency in the federal government? We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals here at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), where we are ranked number one in the Best Places to Work in the federal government rankings.Learn more about this agency
FERC’s role is to oversee various aspects of the energy industry, including transmission of electricity, natural gas and oil. We also analyze proposals to build liquefied natural gas terminals and interstate natural gas pipelines and license hydropower projects. To help support the modernization of the electric system here in the U.S., we are focusing on issues associated with a smarter grid.
Our employees gain valuable work experience that provides them with the career boost that they are seeking. We need people like you to help us move the industry forward and continue to shape the future of energy policy. Join us and help make a difference!
This position is INCLUDED in the bargaining unit.
Please note - Only your resume and cover letter will be forwarded to the selecting official.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement and the office for that selection may vary.
This position is located in the Office of Enforcement's Division of Audits and Accounting. The Office of Enforcement serves the public interest by ensuring effective regulations and protecting customers through understanding markets and their regulation, timely identifying and remedying market problems, assuring compliance with Commission rules and regulations, and detecting and crafting remedies to address market manipulation and other non-compliance issues.
Major Duties include:
- Apply professional auditing principles, techniques, and theories to solve market and financial accounting issues at energy companies, including numerous Fortune 500 companies.
- Perform a variety of basic spreadsheet analyses; research market and financial accounting issues; and prepare routine working papers and summary reports.
- Develop work plans, milestones, and resource requirements and provide these inputs to the Division's planning process. The effort requires research into basic regulatory, market, financial auditing and emerging issues, industry reporting, various current and prior Commission actions, prior and on-going audits, evaluations, examinations and discussions with other knowledgeable sources.
- Assist in performing audits, evaluations and examinations of market and financial accounting and reporting issues associated with measurement of market performance, assessment of market behavior and structure, and financial reporting requirements, to ensure efficiency, fairness, and consistency with Commission rules and policies. Develop recommendations for the disposition of all issues. Take action to resolve, or coordinate the resolution of, market and financial problems and issues.
- Prepare draft summaries of work performed and based on the results of the audits, evaluations and examinations that contain an appropriate discussion and recommendations on economic and regulatory policies. Prepare other written products such as notices, financial memoranda and proposed orders.
Occasional travel - Travel up to 15% may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open All Sources
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502400000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.