When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
The ideal candidate must have extensive financial system change management and business process re-engineering experience with a high level of professionalism as well as productive collaboration and motivational skills. This position starts at a salary of $96,970 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Financial Systems Modernization team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as an analyst and advisor to management in the development of new and innovative approaches, methodologies, and techniques to define, direct, and lead highly complex, challenging projects/programs/activities, such as:
- Communicating effectively to internal/external stakeholders, customers and individuals inside the organization about status of the Finance System Modernization program initiatives.
- Creating specific change management plans with respect to communication, readiness assessment, organizational realignment, and training and performance metrics management.
- Creating specific business process reengineering plans with respect to management control program, business rules, process control changes, functional roles and responsibilities, and business process gap analysis.
- Identifying deviations in performance from the change standards and implement strategies for corrective action to maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance.
- Engaging with key project teams to help them integrate the program’s crucial change management initiatives undertaken by the agency into their plans.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel less than 5% may be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502372600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.