The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Account Management Office (AMO) is to support the provision of AMO portfolios and services to Veterans of the Armed Forces of the United States. Within the Account Management Office, the mission of IT portfolio management is to align business and technology across the VA and improve the delivery of services to Veterans and their families.Learn more about this agency
The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates in increments of 50 will be referred based on hiring needs.
You will serve as the IT portfolio functional lead reporting to the Deputy Chief Information Officer (DCIO), Information Technology Account Manager (ITAM) for AMO portfolios in the OI&T Account Management Office. You will be responsible for IT portfolio management to drive the achievement of mission outcomes within the assigned functional area. You will be responsible for developing elements of large complex programs and projects related to AMO portfolios and for guiding the creation, development, and continued management of the IT portfolio.
- Develop and implement process to document and report realization of AMO portfolios and develops routine IT portfolio metric reporting requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring all aspects of assigned functional area IT portfolio are cohesive and effectively integrated.
- Engage with executive/high-level stakeholders to recommend solutions, endorse the benefits of the recommended plan, and obtain stakeholder buy-in.
- Ensure IT prioritization is aligned with overall business and strategic planning and existing or future IT initiatives.
- Leads and directs the prioritization process for the IT project portfolio, identifying potential areas where existing policies, procedures, and tools change and where new ones need to be developed.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (PLCY/PLN)/PD17136-A
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary, but occasional travel is required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502304800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.