You will serve as an IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC/SYSADMIN) in the IT and Communications Services (ITACS) Department of NAVAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL.
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE ANNOUNCEMENT. Section 1643(a)(3) of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 authorizes the Secretary of Defense to recruit and appoint qualified candidates directly to cyber workforce positions within the Department of Defense. Competitive rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to the Direct Hire process.Learn more about this agency
- You will coordinate a variety of complex and unusual security issues with information systems security managers when there is not complete agreement on methods, procedures, or objectives.
- You will develop, implement, and coordinate operations at the local level designed to ensure, protect, and restore IT systems, services, and capabilities specifically within the High-Performance Computing (HPC) environment.
- You will review, validate, and standardize problem resolutions for inclusion in the problem resolution database.
- You will prepare standard login scripts and establish network access protocols to enable customers to gain local or remote access.
- You will organize vendor demonstration sessions for other specialists and recommend purchase of new tools to enhance the delivery of customer support services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502176000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.