This position is part of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The incumbent will serve as an INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SPECIALISTLearn more about this agency
As a INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST at the GS-0301-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Provides program management for one or more of the Records and Research Branch's areas of responsibility that include, but are not limited to, Records and Information Management, Discovery and Litigation support, Preservation Orders, Directives and Forms, archiving and research, Library Science, and/or other assigned program responsibilities.
- Provides technical advice, guidance, and assistance for the development and maintenance of electronic information management systems, coordination of projects, and development of technology to enhance the operations for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Recognize and recommend business/process/systems solutions to problems and potential problem areas that have significant impact on information management plans, programs, schedules, etc.
- Serves as a leader in the field of systems/technology/ infrastructure/innovations supporting the information management program and as a resource to the DOD staff, federal sector, and vendor community when appropriate.
- Analyze and evaluate new approaches and methodologies proposed by the academic, industrial, defense, and other government agencies for possible inclusion in Joint Staff information management program development plans and programs.
- Represents the Joint Staff on information management policy and related issues in meetings with the military departments, other governmental agencies, private industry, and academia.
- Serves as a member on specific policy and records management policy related work groups for coordination and compliance with policy and doctrine, providing leadership for these work groups and chairmanship as required.
- Provides excellent customer service to support Joint Staff missions that meets or exceeds customer expectations and contributes to their success. Achieve excellence in customer service by providing timely, accurate and professional service at each and every customer contact, maintaining customer service metrics.
- Support the mission of the RRB by consistently serving customers in a manner resulting in extreme satisfaction or delight.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502128500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.