You will serve as an expert Contract Officer Representative (COR) for assigned contracts within the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI). The COR is expected to provide technical experts with a high level of policy, procedural and administrative guidance through the acquisition life cycle- from budget and acquisition planning through purchase requisition/process support, contract award, administration, and closeout. The COR is considered ODI's primary point of contact with NHTSA's Office of Acquisition Management (OAM) to ensure contract/assistance agreement performance and financial objectives and obligations are met. As the primary administrative/fiduciary agent of assigned contracts/assistance agreements, the COR must represent the government's interest in achieving expected performance objectives within the timeline and budget established by the terms and conditions of the contract/assistance agreement. The COR will provide guidance and administrative support to all open agreements as assigned. Workload will be a function of contract complexity, type, and quantity assigned to monitor. The COR is expected to be pro-active in identifying potential problemm areas and aggressively take action to eliminate, or mitigate the severity of those problems.
This position is perfect for a mid-level professional looking to grow with a great Federal agency. We are seeking highly qualified individuals who are willing to meet the challenges of public service and support our mission. The NHTSA is looking for someone who is highly motivated, and who can communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels of the organization.
PLEASE NOTE: All offers for newly appointed federal employees will be made at the Step 1.
This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days for these locations.Learn more about this agency
At the full performance level, as a Contract Officer Representative, you will:
- Assist the Budget/Contract staff, CORS, and other staff in preparation, final award, and post award of contracts, agreements, and procurement requests, including among others new contract awards, task order awards, and modification to existing contracts. must possess excellent communication skills.
- Support the offices annual budget planning and execution processes.
- Assist Budget/Contract staff with initial project set up in the Management and Planning System (MAPS).
- Track projects in MAPS and other financial management tools and report to managers on a regular basis.
- Monitor projects and report any performance, budgetary or contractual deficiencies to program office supervisors and Budget Coordinators.
- Assist in developing SOW, cost estimates, conduct market research for vehicle requirements, electronics/data acquisition requirements, parts purchases for projects.
- Prepare closeout paperwork as directed by COR and/or Budget/Contract staff.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502099100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.