VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.Learn more about this agency
This announcement and will be used to fill vacancies in all service lines at VA Puget Sound, Seattle, Magnolia and American Lake Campuses. Applicants will be reviewed as needed for specific locations, and referred to hiring managers.
Positions may be located within any VA Puget Sound Health Care System service line and may be located at either of our two major divisions: Seattle or American Lake; or in the Magnolia campus in Seattle.
MSAs provide administrative support to our clinical colleagues in the care of our Nation's Veterans. Our mission is to provide efficient and effective healthcare services by promoting and enabling the delivery of timely, accurate, accessible health care. VA Puget Sound is committed to cultivating a dedicated workforce of highly skilled employees who understand, believe in and take pride in VA's mission. MSAs are essential to the success of this mission and may be assigned to many areas of the medical center including but not limited to any of the following areas: the Business Office, Centralized Call and Scheduling Center, Inpatient Ward, Outpatient Clinics and various specialty clinics.
Work duties performed include, but are not limited to:
- Determining health care eligibility for Veteran patients.
- Administrative processing of Veteran patients in enrollment, benefits, and registration.
- Applying public laws in determining enrollment status, eligibility for hospitalization, outpatient care, dental coverage, prosthetic issuance, travel reimbursement, and other related services.
- Counseling Veteran patients regarding entitlement enrollment for health care benefits and other special programs.
- Obtaining essential information and documentation from Veteran patients for enrollment activities.
- Performing scheduling functions for Veteran patients including appointments, cancellations, and re-scheduling.
- Facilitating communication between Veterans and other facility consult departments.
- Support of inpatient units and wards with administrative duties during day, evening, night, and weekend shifts.
- Processing and record keeping of inpatient medical records.
- Manual and electronic data entry.
- Collation of statistical information.
- Entry of Physician orders and consult requests.
- Prepares Veteran patient statistics.
- Providing reception to incoming and outgoing customers and communication.
- Utilizes Microsoft Office software to compile data and formulate reports.
Work Schedule: Multiple positions available with multiple schedules to include: Weekdays & Weekends, All Shifts to include Day, Evening, and Night.
*Available shifts will be discussed during the interview process.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502093800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.