If you are interested in a rewarding and challenging career, this is the position for you!Learn more about this agency
The Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) seeks highly-qualified individuals to join our team. The primary mission of EOIR is to adjudicate immigration cases fairly, expeditiously, and uniformly. EOIR consists of three adjudicatory components: The Office of the Chief Immigration Judge; the Board of Immigration Appeals; and the Office of the Chief Administrative Hearing Officer.
The IT Specialist (DATAMGT) position is located in the Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR), Office of Information Technology, Systems Management Division.
The incumbent serves as hands-on Database Administrator (DBA) for the enterprise database systems which consists of EOIR Case and Appeal (ECAS) and subsystems, Microsoft Systems Center, MS SharePoint, COGNOS; initializes and manages Data Definition Language (DDL) statements (database schemas) for relationship. Database Management System (DMS) resident on Local Area Network (LAN) and cloud infrastructure in production, test, and development environments.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Combining or splitting entities as required during the physical design process.
- Coordinating all changes to enterprise database systems, active component data or data structures with other database Administrators to ensure standardization of data.
- Initializing indexes and data areas for each Database and loading data to respective areas.
- Conducting project briefings to assess study progress and to ensure consistency in meeting study objectives.
- Participating in the development of procedures for, setup of and maintenance of database customer accounts, accesses and permissions.
- Managing the enterprise database infrastructure.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502051100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.