The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE DO? IRS Contact Representatives work primarily with taxpayers and their representatives through telephone or face-to-face contact. You would provide authoritative tax law assistance and take action where needed to resolve their tax issues, often involving delinquent situations. Actions needed might include analyzing the taxpayer's ability to pay, initiating liens, and negotiating installment payment agreements.
WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENT DIVISION:The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. Key W&I objectives are to provide high-quality taxpayer assistance, and to enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns, make payments and receive assistance. W&I partners with private organizations to provide assistance to such disadvantaged groups as elderly and low-income taxpayers.
Positions are located in in Wage and Investment Division, Account Management in Portland, OR.
Training and Tour of Duty will be: Monday - Friday 9:30am - 6:00pm (training will be 6-8 Weeks).
The anticipated start date is: October 1, 2018.
As a Contact Representative you will:
- Provide technical assistance to individuals and/or businesses primarily through telephone interaction in a dynamic call center environment, and/or face-to-face contact;
- Address wide range of issues/problems that require unique solutions;
- Apply the tax code to assist taxpayers in understanding and meeting their tax responsibilities;
- Secure, analyze and protect sensitive personal and financial information;
- Make determinations and use sound judgment to resolve taxpayer disputes and delinquency issues; And
- Develop, analyze and evaluate information involving the research of computerized records by accessing multiple online/database systems.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…AMENDED TO EXTEND CLOSING DATE
US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501879100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.