About the Position: The position is for a Protocol Specialist with Arlington National Cemetery, located in Arlington, VA. Since May of 1864, Arlington National Cemetery has served as the nation's premier military cemetery and shrine honoring those men and women who served in the Armed Forces.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the Protocol Specialist for Arlington National Cemetery providing expert assistance on all protocol, customs, and proper etiquette for Distinguished Visitors and events.
- Participate in planning, coordinating, and executing military and civilian visits to Arlington National Cemetery.
- Prepare after-action reports which detail the difficulties, challenges, lessons-learned, positive aspects, and recommendations concerning major ceremonies and special events planned or executed by ANC.
- Manage all aspects of proper conduct and procedures for official visits to ANC.
- Develop standard operating procedures, operational checklists/instructions for the ANC/ANMC Protocol and Visitors Program.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with staff elements, action officers, government and private sector public affairs/protocol offices and offices located in the surrounding areas of the National Capital Region to facilitate guest visits.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501833900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.