The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 600 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
The incumbent serves as the Office of Finance’s primary vendor and customer table maintenance expert and maintains all required banking information to ensure prompt payment for accounts payables. Responsibilities include: processing daily requests for vendor table additions/modifications related to payment and procurement processing; providing guidance on vendor table maintenance; verifying accounts and adequacy of supporting data; responding to customer inquiries via phone and/or email; processing transactions and administrative duties as assigned. The incumbent ensures sufficient back up vendor table maintenance capability is available and is responsible for adhering to appropriate accounting policies and procedures. The position does not have supervisory responsibilities.Learn more about this agency
1) Follows up with vendors, as necessary, to secure certification documentation. Obtains ACH and EFT records and maintains W-9 vendor information; and assists with preparation of the annual Form 1099 Miscellaneous Income Return reporting.
2) Supports other Accounting staff in transaction processing, reconciliation and analysis, and financial reporting.
3) Assists in implementing corrective actions resulting from internal control reviews, external audits and Office of Inspector General program audits and advisories.
4) Informs the Accounting management of important issues as they arise. Provides the status of critical functions and special projects to insure effective continuation of accounting goals and objectives.
5) Maintains current standard desk operating procedures on primary tasks.
6) Processes accounts receivable, cash receipts, and other transactions in accordance with office procedures.
7) Accepts special projects and prepares analyses and reports as assigned.
8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - This position may requires occasional travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Applications will be accepted from U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501827100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.