This position is located in Alexandria, Virginia, in the United States Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Virginia, one of the top prosecutor's offices in the Nation. Become part of the U.S. Attorney's Office, where you can give back by making your community, state, and country safer and stronger. Individuals interested in becoming part of a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce that rewards performance and creativity should apply.Learn more about this agency
Serves as an information technology (IT) specialist providing technical and advisory assistance to support the information management needs of the United States Attorney's Office (USAO). Performs a variety of tasks associated with the day-to-day operations and administration of IT systems within the Office of the United States Attorney. These duties include a wide range of information technology support to meet the USAO information needs using network hardware and software capabilities. Specifically, assignments encompass the following:
- Provides IT customer service and support in troubleshooting, recovering, and resolving recurring software/hardware problems.
- Provides user training and assistance on a variety of routine applications and specialized applications used by the office.
- Assists in the configuration, installation, and maintenance of networked systems using knowledge of network standards and protocols, and knowledge of the capabilities and applications of network equipment including hubs, routers, switches, bridges, servers, and related hardware.
- Properly maintains and controls assigned telecommunications systems using knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Uses knowledge of systems security principles and methods to participate in testing and implementation of the district's information security program.
- Monitors compliance and maintains assigned information systems security procedures in accordance with internal, agency, and Federal information security regulations and policies.
- Performs assigned segments of the district's content management plan. Creates basic scripts or code using general knowledge of programming languages and tools. Evaluations code, responds to customer comments regarding broken links/files, and repairs errors. Carries out server maintenance functions using basic Internet server maintenance techniques.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501795100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.