This position is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) Business Manager (DLA), NF-1101-04 position with DLA Installation Operations Susquehanna, Golf at ,New Cumberland, Pennsylvania.Learn more about this agency
This position is a regular full-time position, which guarantees 40 hours per week; the accrual of leave, health benefits, and life insurance, etc.
This position is a non-bargaining unit position.
As a Business Manager (DLA), the incumbent is responsible for:
- Conducting management review of patron programs to identify problems and initiate appropriate corrective measures. Evaluating the success of programs in terms of profitability, customer satisfaction and mission accomplishment.
- Representing the activity at conferences, to special interest groups and other agencies. Coordinating functions with community and military representatives.
- Monitoring inventories properly; determines equipment condition; initiates maintenance, repair or replacement as appropriate.
- During the golf season provides oversight of the daily maintenance, repair and playing conditions of the golf course.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
Position-specific Conditions of Employment
1. Must be able to obtain a DOD Pest Management Certificate within first year of employment.
General Conditions of Employment
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The Defense Logistics Agency is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check IAW AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained.
5. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check with Inquiries
6. You will be required to show Social Security card upon appointment to a NAF position.
7. Direct Deposit is required.
QualificationsThe minimum qualifications for this position are:
Specialized experience managing at least one component of a golf program, such as grounds maintenance, equipment maintenance, food and beverage.
The position has highly qualified criteria. Candidates who meet the highly qualified criteria may be referred before applicants who only meet the minimum qualifications, notwithstanding required preference categories.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, experience working in a fitness facility.
This position does not have an education requirement, nor can education be substituted for experience.
180-day Restriction for Military Retirees: Military retirees are unable to be appointed to NAF positions for 180 days after their retirement date, as documented on their DD-214. Military retirees who, by the closing date of the announcement, have been retired from the military for more than 150 days may apply; however, they will not be appointed until they have reached the 180 day mark.
The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants.
The Department of Defense provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
The Defense Logistics Agency Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
This position does not provide moving expenses/PCS costs.
The hiring manager may make selections from this referral certificate for up to 60 days after the closing date if additional vacancies become available.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Application packages will be evaluated to determine if the applicant demonstrated in his/her resume the required experience and submitted the required supporting educational supporting documentation. Failure to include information that clearly demonstrates experience, education, or other qualifying factors (i.e. dates, grades) may result in an ineligible rating. Please include MONTH and YEAR for each period of employment. Applicants who do not provide month and year for each will be afford the least amount of qualifying time, i.e. 2017-2018 will be counted as December 2017 through January 2018 (2 months of experience).
Your resume MUST contain contact information include a complete mailing address and telephone number. Applicants will be rated "Ineligible" if their resume is missing a complete mailing address and telephone number. We encourage you to include your email address on your resume.
Current and former Federal employees MUST include their official position title (from the SF-50, DA 3434 or Service equivalent), pay plan, series, grade, Department/Agency, duty location. Failure to provide all of this information may result in the experience not being considered as qualifying experience, which may result in a rating of "not qualified."
NOTE: Redacting official supporting documents, such as DD 214s, SF-50s, DA 3434s, etc, including "blacking" out social security numbers, DOB, addresses, etc., may result in you not being afforded the requested employment/preference category.
Inappropriate materials, such as pictures/classified information, which are loaded as part of your application package will result in the application being marked as "Ineligible" and it will receive no consideration.
Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualifications determinations within 30 days of .
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents are required to determine qualifications for this position:
- Resume or DA Form 3433, Optional Application for Nonappropriated Funds Employment;
- Involuntarily Separated Military: DD-214 Member 4 copy or DD-214 Service 2 copy, and documentation supporting the service member was involuntarily separated
- DOD NAF Business-Based Action employees: DA Form 3434 (Dept. of Army NAF), Form 4 (Dept. of Navy NAF), PAR 500 (Marine Corps NAF) Separation - BBA action dated within one year of the closing date of the announcement.
- Current or Former NAF employees: Current employees should submit the most recent, non-Award, DA Form 3434 (Dept. of Army NAF), Form 4 (Dept. of Navy NAF), PAR 500 (Marine Corps NAF). Former employees should submit their Separation action.
- Current DOD Appropriated Funds (APF) employees: Current DOD APF employees who wish to be considered under the AF-to-NAF Interchange Agreement must provide 2 SF-50's - 1) the most recent non-award SF-50; AND 2) the next most recent one that demonstrates at least one year of service in a DOD APF position. NOTE: Current APF employees of a non-DOD agency/department, such as Dept. of Veterans Affairs, Dept. of Agriculture, Dept. of State, are not eligible for the AF-to-NAF Interchange Agreement and must apply as an Outside Applicant non-Veteran.
- Veterans, who do not meet one of the above hiring preferences: DD-214 Member 4 copy, DD-214 Service 2 copy, or a written document from the armed forces that certifies you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
- Veterans wishing to establish eligibility based on a service-connected disability must provide, in addition to the DD-214, a copy of a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs, dated 1991 or later, certifying the OVERALL Service Connected Disability rating.
- All other applicants: No documentation required if none of the above selection priorities are applicable.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. All the Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date reflected on the announcement.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application you may use the following link: https://applicationmanager.gov/. After applying, return to Application Manager or your member account in USAJOBS to see the status of your application, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10231895.
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
1. Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: 10231895.
Agency contact information
NAF Human Resources Office
New Cumberland, PA 17070
Once you successfully complete the application process, you will receive a notification of receipt. Your application package will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and qualifications requirements, and you will receive a notification. A review will be made of your online questionnaire and the documentation you submitted to support your responses. Applicants that are found qualified may be referred to the hiring official for consideration. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision. Be sure to check your USA Jobs account for your notification updates.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501768600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.