This Contact Representative position is with Pharmacy Customer Care, Health Resource Center, VHA Member Services.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of the position is to resolve issues and concerns of veterans, veteran family members and/or legal representatives, the public, and VA employees concerning pharmacy support activities and administrative processes related to pharmacy services provided to our nation's veterans. This position is in the PCC call center. Some of the major duties include but are not limited to:
- Receive telephone calls from and respond to veterans, their family members and/or legal representatives concerning routine and non-routine pharmacy/prescription-related issues and inquiries.
- Provide comprehensive explanation of Pharmacy Customer Care processes and benefits that the PCC provides.
- Processes medication refills.
- Processes view alerts to request renewals of medications that are expired or out of refills.
- Tracking status of prescriptions.
- Educating veterans on obtaining refills.
- Processing medication refill requests.
- Providing appointment information.
- Discussing or sending out correspondence.
- Perform research and referrals for customers issues/inquires.
- Prepare case documentation based on caller's inquires
This position's duties require the individual to be bilingual in both English and Spanish.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-6. At the lower grade levels, the employee performs assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. The employee will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-6.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 hour shift between 5:45 AM and 7:30 PM. Specific tour will be determined by management at the end of the training period based on the organization's needs.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: / GS-05: 07428A, GS-06: 07427A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Salary will be adjusted based on the grade and location of selection.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501658800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.