OTHER:Learn more about this agency
An exciting and unique opportunity to join a small group of dedicated professionals charged by Congress with memorializing General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower in Washington, DC. The monument is under construction on 4 acres of ground within sight of the US Capitol, across from the Air & Space Museum. Dedication in May, 2020.
MAJOR DUTIES: Under the direction and supervision of the Deputy Executive Director, the Development & Fundraising Manager will build and retain relationships with prospective donors with a propensity to donate $1,000 - $10,000 to the Commission for the construction of the memorial. Will participate in all fundraising activities such as phone calls, donor care, direct mailing and assists in planning and attending fundraising activities. Research and recognize donor opportunities. Focus on innovative ideas to reach out to and successfully bring in donations from individuals, foundations, corporations, legacy, and trust donations. Other specific duties:
- Performs a variety of assignments necessary to ensure successful fundraising.
- Conduct research and compile reports on current and prospective donors.
- Draft fundraising proposals and grants.
- Design and initiate robust outreach program for new donors.
- Design and initiate follow-up with new and existing donors.
- Track donor requests, benefits, pledges, and contributions.
- Manage donor databases.
- Manage donor care activities.
- Draft and prepare fundraising materials such as invitations, solicitations, newsletters and thank you letters.
- Other administrative duties as requested.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501637900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.