If you are a status applicant, please apply under Announcement #OMB-18-43-KJ-MP.Learn more about this agency
OIRA's review of agency draft proposed and final regulations submitted to OIRA include the evaluation of the economic, scientific, privacy, and legal aspects under Executive Order 12866 and related authorities. In addition, OIRA approves Government collections of information from the public under the Paperwork Reduction Act, and oversees the implementation of Government-wide policies in the areas of information policy, privacy, and statistical policy.
As a POLICY ANALYST, GS-0301-12/13, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Conducting analysis of regulations and/or regulatory policy to identify significant economic, scientific, privacy, and legal issues, with emphasis on regulatory costs and benefits, and alternative regulatory approaches.
- Reviewing Information Collection Requests pursuant to the Paperwork Reduction Act to ensure that agency collections of information meet all of the requirements of the Act.
- Reviewing Privacy Act documentation (e.g., system of records notices, matching notices, Privacy Act statements, Privacy Act implementation and exemption regulations) to ensure compliance with legal and policy requirements and to evaluate the probable or potential effect of proposals on the privacy rights of individuals.
- Developing recommendations for higher-level decision makers.
- Drafting and presenting succinct written products to describe and summarize analysis and recommendations.
- Reviewing and interpreting pertinent subject-related directives, proposed legislation, and policy documents to identify expected impacts and conducting analysis and studies of their implications and alternatives.
- Providing critical feedback and recommendations to OIRA and OMB leadership regarding policy positions on national-level regulatory, privacy, and information collection strategic directives and policy statements. These duties require the use of economic, scientific, statistical, privacy and other quantitative or analytical methods.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501626300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.