This position is located in the Executive Offices of the Administrative Office of the United States Courts. The position works with staff in the Judicial Conference Secretariat and Deputy Director's Office. The incumbent serves as an expert resource for long-range planning research, and supports a judiciary-wide planning process involving the chairs of Judicial Conference committees, Administrative Office executives and program managers, and court officials.Learn more about this agency
- Serving as the federal judiciary's expert and key advisor to high-level officials and Judicial Conference committee staff on long-range planning issues.
- Developing and supporting the planning processes of the Judicial Conference, including the semi-annual planning meetings of Judicial Conference committee chairs.
- Supporting strategic and business planning efforts in the Administrative Office of the United States Courts.
- Identifying, researching, and reporting on strategic policy, legal, and administrative issues of significance relative to the federal judiciary's mission, goals, programs, and operations.
- Analyzing data, emerging issues, identifying trends, developing forecasts and future scenarios, and producing written and graphical presentations.
- Producing plans and planning guidance, and serving as the primary clearinghouse for information on strategic planning in the federal judiciary.
- Providing guidance and advice on the development of plans and on the design and conduct of analytic studies involving a broad range of policy, legal, resource, and administrative issues.
Occasional travel - 3-4 times a year
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501609800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.