Apply for this exciting position to support the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.Learn more about this agency
For over two centuries the USCG has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Coast Guard, Assistant Commandant for Acquisition (CG-9), Program Executive Officer (CG-93), Program Manager Surface (CG-932), Project Manager OPC Office (CG-9322) in Washington, D.C.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
You will serve as a Program Manager for the United States Coast Guard (USCG), OPC Program, responsible for planning, organization, execution, and coordination of the acquisition programs(s) assigned in accordance with approved charters and applicable acquisition policies and procedures, including the Major Systems Acquisition Manual and Non-major Acquisition Process Manual.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical duties include:
- Serving as a Program Manager in the Offshore Patrol Cutter (OPC) Surface domain.
- Executing projects using applicable organizational analysis principles, methods, practices and techniques; analytical methods; and interpersonal relations practices.
- Working with internal/external stakeholders on the design and engineering of OPC ships systems, combat systems or combat system elements, command and control, and weapon systems.
- Ensuring the integration of OPC HM&E, C4ISR systems, combat systems or combat system elements, command and control, and weapon systems are appropriately factored into the large scale ship building processes.
- Ensuring interoperability, supportability, and system operational availability requirements are defined; and that reliability and maintainability trade-offs are identified and considered during the course of requirements definition and systems engineering, design and production.
- Performing technical reviews and configuration audits to control the evolving configuration of the acquired system as, systems engineering, design, and production work proceeds.
- Performing systems engineering to convert sponsor's operational requirements into the performance and technical requirements which will govern design, engineering and production.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to all U.S. Citizens.
This position(s) will be filled through Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA). All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for further consideration. The "Rule of Three", Category Rating, Veterans Preference, and traditional rating and ranking of applicants does not apply to this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501608400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.