You will work under the leadership of the Transportation Finance Manager, in the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) Division Office. You will support the Division in enhancing the FHWA’s stewardship, ensuring accountability of Federal funds and achieving organizational excellence in delivering the Federal-aid highway and transportation program.Learn more about this agency
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced and highly motivated person looking to expand their knowledge and experience in governmental finance, budgets, and information control systems.
This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days for this location.
As a Transportation Finance Specialist, you will:
- Work with the Transportation Finance Manager to implement and conduct financial management system reviews and evaluations of the State DOT and local governments.
- Analyze financial reimbursement areas, develop reimbursement procedures, and recommend policies for the Division Office.
- Review and make recommendations for approval of reimbursement claims, project agreement modifications, advance construction conversions, and conduct the final review and approval of final project claims.
- Serve as a technical advisor for FHWA division personnel and State DOT employees on various phases of auditing.
- Promote teamwork and the exchange of ideas between FHWA and State and local governments in the conduct of the Financial Integrity Review and Evaluation (FIRE) program.
Occasional travel - Some travel is Required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501449700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.