This position is located in the Office of the Chief Administrative Services Officer (OCASO), Records and Information Management Office (RIM), Records Office. RIM leads the FTC records and knowledge management program. Under the supervision of the Director of RIM and the Records Officer, the incumbent supports the full range of functions of records and information management.Learn more about this agency
The RIM Specialist supports such RIM activities as assessing compliance with Federal laws, regulations, and guidance; advising staff on the creation, maintenance, and disposition of records and non-records of all media; managing the disposition of records of all media in accordance with approved instructions; preparing and maintaining agency policies and procedures; and preparing and presenting to senior agency officials and staff RIM training and marketing information, in connection with agency goals, objectives, and priorities.
- Develops and maintain RIM policy and guidance that complies with Federal requirements.
- Conducts research, analyses, studies, and reviews on current records management requirements in order to develop, improve, implement, and communicate RIM processes and procedures.
- Supports the identification of and communicate the requirements for implementing electronic recordkeeping.
- Establishes, guides, trains, and maintains the agency records liaison officer council.
- Creates, manages, and conducts records management technical assistance, training, advice, and guidance to records liaisons, records custodians, and agency staff.
- Develops and maintains tracking tools, logs, and metrics for the RIM program.
- Researches and recommends to the agency records officer the disposition of on-site and off-site records, and electronic records, consistent with approved records disposition schedules and procedures.
- Coordinates with the agency records officer and agency staff the destruction and transfer of agency records of all media, in accordance with approved records disposition schedules and procedures.
- Develops and conducts periodic RIM quality control reviews, inspections, assessments, and surveys to measure the effectiveness of the RIM program.
- Supports responses to NARA, OMB, GAO, and OIG assessments.
- Supports responses to FOIA/Privacy Act (PA) officials, E-Discovery officials, and other agency staff on matters relating to RIM.
- Coordinates records management services and supplies for the Regional Offices.
- Prepares inventories, conducts data entry, and runs reports in RIM systems as necessary to document records storage and disposition information.
- Supports the maintenance of the technical work of the RIM vendors.
- Supports the management of essential records, including identification, protection, and access in support of the agency’s Continuity of Operations (COOP) program.
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of the agency’s Controlled Unclassified information (CUI) program.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to all qualified U.S. Citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501292500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.