These positions are being filled under the Temporary Direct-Hire Authority (DHA) for Childcare Services Providers for Department Child Development Centers (CDCs) authorized under Section 559 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year (FY) 2018.Learn more about this agency
These positions are being filled under the Temporary Direct-Hire Authority (DHA) for Childcare Services Providers for Department Child Development Centers (CDCs) authorized under Section 559 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year (FY) 2018. Positions covered under this DHA are qualified childcare services providers, which is defined as individuals who directly provide childcare services for dependent children of members of the Armed Forces and civilian employees of the DoD in CDCs on Department Installations, in the 1701 and 1702 Occupational Series at GS-2 through GS-11 (or equivalent pay grades), in the competitive service. Appointments under this authority may not be made after 30 September 2021 unless extended by future legislation.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-05 Target GS-11)
- Responsible for assisting the Assistant Child Development Center (CDC) Director.
- Designs, implements, and reviews activity plans.
- Observes and evaluates each child's health and development and reports on and maintains records of observations.
- Prepares and implements specialized programs for children with special needs.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership and leadership to junior employees assigned to assist with program activities and participates in special projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501213100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.