This announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the closing date. This is an open continuous announcement. The initial cut-off date for referral is June 15, 2018. Additional referral lists will be created as vacancies are available. This announcement may close prior to the close date and may also be extended if needed.
This vacancy is for a Recruiting Manager position in the Area Census Office (ACO) located in Trenton, NJ. The Recruiting Manager is responsible for overseeing the recruitment and assessments of applicants to fill ACO positions and along with assigned regional management, strategize and plan for effective recruitment from all areas within the boundaries of the ACO.
ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS: Initially the Duty Station will be the selectee's home address (Work At Home position) until the opening of the Area Census Office (ACO) in Trenton, NJ. At that time the employee will be required to report to the ACO as their regular place of work.
In order to be considered, APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE in one of the following New Jersey counties:
- Mercer County
- Somerset County
- The following municipalities in Middlesex County: New Brunswick, North Brunswick, East Brunswick, South Brunswick, Cranbury, Helmetta, Monroe, Old Bridge, Jamesburg, Milltown, Plainsboro, Sayreville, South Amboy, South River, or Spotswood.
This is a Time Limited Appointment, initial appointment is not to exceed (NTE) 2 years. This appointment may be extended at management’s discretion.Learn more about this agency
A probationary period may be required.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
The work schedule for this position is Mixed Tour. With a Mixed Tour work schedule, an employee may be changed between full-time, part-time and intermittent work schedules to accommodate fluctuating workloads and is subject to a signed agreement.
- Supervise and manage a decentralize workforce in various geographic locations. Leads a team to ensure staffing needs are met and locally represented for all geographic locations.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with local news media, community leaders and organizations, local government officials to promote community cooperation and generate support for recruitment efforts.
- Maintain liaison with organizations that refer applicants and other employment sources.
- Recruit and train recruiting assistants, office operations supervisors and office clerks.
- Develop and implement a recruiting campaign, monitor recruitment results to ensure large volumes of applicants apply within a specific geographic location.
25% or less - Position requires 25% local travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All qualified United States citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501187600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.