About the Position: This is a Realty Specialist, GS-1170-09/11 position with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Southwestern Division (SWD), Fort Worth District, Real Estate Division. This position could be fill in Fort Worth, TX or McAllen, TX.Learn more about this agency
This is an open-continuous announcement and will be used to fill vacant positions at the GS-09 and 11 level in 2 different location. Referral lists may be requested to fill vacant positions for any location throughout the life of the announcement. Cutoff for receipt of applications will be midnight CST on the date that the referral list is requested. Applications received after the cutoff date, may be considered on future referral lists.
Position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment NTE 1 Year by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition.
Current Army employees will have return rights back to their permanent position of record once the temporary assignment is completed
- Evaluates authorizing Acts of Congress, approved design memorandum, and applicable Public Law for issues that impact project implementation.
- Recommend additional requirements, such as acquisition or relocation of roads, utilities or other facilities within project area.
- Keeps supervisor and Customer well informed of any revisions in plans and Right-of-Way drawings.
- Represents SWF Real Estate Division in meetings with Project Delivery Teams (PDTs) Customer representatives, and stakeholders to discuss and explain right-of-way requirements, acquisition policies and relocation assistance requirements.
- Determines whether sufficient interest in real estate has been acquired to construct, operate, and/or maintain project requirements.
- Coordinates with PM to obtain technical description and cost estimate of required real estate services, drafts correspondence to Customer and forwards draft of request from Customer to Project Manager.
- Reviews Project Requirements and construction drawings to assure all real estate interests are available and provisions have been made for placement of structures, utilities, and other required Tactical Infrastructure.
- Extends and modifies existing realty methods and practices for application to complex properties, transactions, and/or problems.
- Plans transactions and projects which involve in-depth analysis and evaluation of unique and conflicting combinations of issues to determine the applicability of established realty practices and methods.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel up 50% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501027900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.