This position is located in the Peace Corps, Office of Health Services (OHS). The incumbent serves as the Deputy Director of Health Services. The incumbent provides day to day management of the Operations of Health Services including guidance, oversight, and support of the overall health care programs of Volunteers overseas. The incumbent is the supervisor for the medical staff and clinical managers, represents OHS at agency and interagency meetings and performs special projects. The incumbent advises senior Agency management on Volunteer health, resource utilization, policy formation and information management. The incumbent serves as a liaison within the agency and organizations. The incumbent reports to the Associate Director of the Office of Health Services, and represents the AD in their absence.Learn more about this agency
The Deputy Director performs the following major duties:
- Health Services Program Management: Monitors operations of major health programs for Peace Corps applicants, Volunteers, and returned Volunteers. Participates in the planning, coordination and management of Office of Medical Service (OMS), Counseling and Outreach (COU), Quality Improvement (QI) and Finance and Resource Management (FARM) functions. Provides oversight and control over development and management of the operating budget of the Office of Health Services. Responsible for the overall management of OHS administration. Provides management oversight of the day-to-day administrative and logistical operations within OHS. Monitors overall systems and procedures.
- Supervisory and/or Managerial Responsibilities: Supervises a group of employees performing work at the FP-1 and FP-2 levels. Provides administrative and clinical supervision to accomplish the work of the unit. Performs the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised.
- Representation and Liaison: Responsible for the ongoing communication with agency officials, informing them of major problems and soliciting their support in improving Volunteer health programs. Represents OHS Associate Director on all matters within the AD’s purview during the AD’s absence, and as directed.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- United States Citizens
- Current or former Federal employees.
- Internal agency employees; including agency temporary employees, eligible agency Experts, and eligible agency personal services contactors
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501004000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.