GAO's work is designed to address four common goals:Learn more about this agency
- to help the Congress address current and emerging challenges to the well-being and financial security of the American people;
- to help the Congress to respond to changing security threats and the challenges of global interdependence;
- to help transform the Federal government to address national challenges; and
- to maximize the value of GAO by enabling quality, timely service to Congress and by being a leading practices Federal agency.
To learn more about GAO please visit us on the web at http://www.gao.gov/careers/index.html.
This position is located in the Applied Research and Methods (ARM) Team, Center for Design, Methods, and Analysis (CDMA). The incumbent will serve as a Senior Social Science Analyst providing consulting services to engagement teams in selecting and implementing appropriate methodologies in accordance with GAO and other professional social science standards.
The GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Applicants employed by other federal excepted service agencies who do not have status gained in the competitive service must apply to announcement number GAO-18-ARM-0101-06-DE.
- Participates in aspects of design, researchable question development, data collection and analysis, message development, and report writing. Selects, refines, organizes, and presents factual information and analysis in support of research objectives. In collaboration with team members, decides on scope, form, content, and depth of analysis.
- Provides advice on how data should be collected for research projects. In conjunction with team members and other specialists, develops and pretests questionnaires, structured interviews and other data collection instruments used to collect primary data to meet research goals.
- Provides advice on quantitative and qualitative data analysis of either primary or secondary data. In conjunction with team members and other specialists, develops and refines a data analysis plan to meet the goals of the research project. Either conducts or advises on data analyses.
- In conjunction with team members, develops findings and recommendations and prepares GAO products that provide factual and analytical information in a clear, balanced manner that meet the needs of congressional clients.
- Works to ensure that products meet general social science research standards and GAO standards for quality, and are in conformance with all agency policies and requirements.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required to assist teams with Methodological issues.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current and former federal employees with status; individuals with disabilities; and veterans eligible under a VEOA appointing authority.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500990400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.